Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Encorporating Technology


Prior to this class I feel that I would have neglected incorporating technology into physical education.  This is both concerning and exciting.  Let me explain.  It concerns me that up until this point I have failed to really see the importance of technology in my content area, and was completely oblivious to the fact that it can be very beneficial.  I guess I have had blinders on and closed mindedly looked at physical education at its basic state usually involving just a ball and a gym.  This concerns me about how much I still do not know.  The exciting part of it is that I am learning!  I am very excited that only the second class into this new journey I am learning something completely new, which is incorporating technology into physical education.  This is a valuable learning enhancer I was completely unaware of using in my content area.  I am definitely excited about what more I will learn which will allow me to become a more effective teacher.

 

2 Comments:

At May 24, 2014 at 7:59 PM , Blogger Megan said...

I think it's great that you've realized how important technology is in physical education. I know that I've heard teachers mention that it's too hard or unnecessary in PE class. I certainly do not agree. It's wonderful that you've realized the importance of technology so early. You'll be a better teacher because of it.

 
At May 26, 2014 at 8:46 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad you've found the use for tech in the gym. I think I might have liked gym more if there had been more technology. Heck, I might have even taken more than 1 semester in high school! Becoming a high quality teacher is what we are here for and any trick you can add to your bag 'o tricks makes you better and more adaptable.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home