Sunday, May 4, 2014

Web 2.0 applications and PowerPoint presentation

https://dm2-broadcast.officeapps.live.com/m/Broadcast.aspx?Fi=b0fcb699632d9d15%5Fbeada5a2%2D6a41%2D4ff6%2D8920%2Df1bfcf69c14b%2Epptx


During my research I found several other web 2.0 tools that could be used to support learning in the classroom.  First is Prezi, which is a cloud-based software that allows a student or teacher to create a presentation which can later be displayed from a variety of electronic devices including an iPad, smartphone, or laptop.  The presentations created by the user display similar information to what Microsoft PowerPoints do, but Prezi has more options in regards to layouts and effects.  And unlike Microsoft PowerPoint, Prezi is free.  All that is necessary is to create an account (Prezi).  I would allow students to use Prezi as an alternative to Microsoft PowerPoint for any assignments.  Also, I can see myself using Prezi to provide visual for my students during any lectures. 
Another 2.0 application I feel would be useful is Google Docs.   Google Docs is a free online program that allows users to not only create documents and presentations online but also share them with other users for collaboration.  After one user uploads a document other users can revise and add comments to his or her document (Michigan State University).  I feel this would be useful when assigning group writing assignments.  It would be an easy way for students to collectively work on an assignment.  Furthermore, I would have the capability to help the group by making comments and suggestions along the way. 

References:

Michigan State University. (n.d.). Getting Started with Google Docs. Retrieved from Michigan State University: http://edutech.msu.edu/online/googledocs/googledocs.html

Prezi. (n.d.). Present anywhere, anytime. Retrieved from Prezi: http://prezi.com/

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home